Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a new issue with my truck and really hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. I apologize if this post is in the wrong section.

5/30/2020 I'm about 90 miles from home on a 12hr round trip haul when my edge juice w/attitude 1.5 (old style) starts chirping at me that I'm speeding (alert set to 100mph). I quickly set the chip to display speed and it was bouncing all over the place between 65 and 150 mph (I was traveling 65mph). When the chip reflect a speed in the 120 to 150 range for more than 2 or 3 seconds the truck would fall on its face (I assume defueling). My speedo in my dash however remained at my actual speed. I pulled over thinking it was the chip, un plugged it and let it sit a few minutes before plugging it back in and continuing. Within 2 minutes it was doing to again cutting defueling frequently as it displayed speeds over 100mph. I pulled over and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes then hooked it back up and had no issues the rest of the drive. Then 6/1/2020 I drove it for the first time since. Was about 15 miles from home on my 30 mile drive and it starts up again. This time I was traveling in the 40 to 50 mph range and it was bouncing up to the low 100s. I made it to my destination, was there about 15 minutes making no changes to the truck and headed home. On the way home it ran and displayed fine.

Other random issues that could or not be related.
  • summer 2019 left turn signal started blinking fast like an out bulb. All bulbs are good. Randomly will blink normal (once every 3 to 6 months) then while turning will start blinking fast again.
  • last month oil sending unit/sensor started acting up. When firing up about 75٪ of the time the dash will read 0 psi and the chip will read 99 psi and not chirp. Then after about 15 to 20 seconds the dash and chip will act normal and display pressure. Other 25% of the time it shows pressure like normal on startup. Chip and dash will both reflect 0 psi for 2 or 3 seconds with the chip chirping at me then they both build pressure.
  • I realized on 6/1/2020 (following drive) that the vent selector is not changing vents. Turns fan off and when on any vent location air is blowing out defroster.
Any help is greatly appreciated, I am moving 6 hrs away this weekend. Things always act up at the worst possible time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts