Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to have a quite mind boggling problem, my 91 has started and run fine for the past three weeks, i drove it to my in-law's house this morning, and now it wont start, turn the key, nothing; turn on the headlights, nothing; i have no power to anything, its as if there is no battery even in the truck, this battery is brand new as of a week ago and the parts store told me its still good, anyone have any suggestions?:help

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that cause me to have no power throughout the entire truck though?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump, this is my work vehicle and i need to get this figured out:CRY:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
main fuse in fuse box underneth steering wheel.

G

·
Check the main fuses, the big ones in the fuse box under the hood. I think that may have 2 of them. I forget. It's been a while since I had one that old.

If you blew that. . .you better find out why

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
If you haven't thoroughly checked and cleaned the battery cables I'd do it and see if it works. I had that happen on an old car I own... I thought something serious was the problem but I cleaned up the cables and made sure the connections were a-ok and everythign ran fine after. Seeing as how the battery was changed a week ago (right?) I'd check that out for sure. If the problem isn't the battery cable at the battery follow it and make sure it's good all the way up.

And yes, the battery would cause it to have no power throughout the whole truck. If the connection to the battery is not strong enough or if it's not grounded right, then there is no power going to anything :T:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just bought new battery cables for it, i figured it would be a good idea to replace them since who knows how long its been since thats been done, where might i find these fuses under the hood?

·
Registered
249 Posts
get a simple trouble light or a volt neter from radio shack
and still check the batt connections
dont know how many times a simple twist of a batt terminal fixed a no power no start
good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts