Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal. I was out four wheeling yesterday, and my truck quit going into gear. The transmission is full of fluid. Here is what it is doing; with the truck at an idle and in neutral, I'll push in the clutch and using both hands, It will not go into gear. The only way is to turn it off and put it into gear. Then when I start it, if it is in first gear, the truck moves forward, while the clutch is in! I need help asap because I really need to drive this by the weekend. Any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same thing happened to me. The master/slave cylinder has gone bad. It comes as a one piece prefilled unit, you can get it at Dodge for around $200 but check at Napa cause they may be cheaper. You can do it yourself in a couple hours. You are lucky it happened 4wheeling. I was in downtown Cincinnati & had to go thru about 50 stoplights, shut it off at red then put it into 1st & fire it up on green & hang on. You should have seen the looks I was getting from cars near me!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, I've actually ordered an aftermarket set from peak diesel performance, it cost me $225 but hopefully it won't go out again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, it'll last a long time. Its one of the easier repairs I've done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts