Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY truck has the dreaded check engine light on. My uncle has a Bullydog triple dog programmer. Is it able to read codes off a 1998 24V cummins? Thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
what year is the triple dog off of?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
if its for a 24 valve then yes you will be good. Just plug it in and go from there. Any codes you have thrown will show up on there. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The triple dog is for the 03-06CR Cummins, 99-2007 Ford Power strokes, 01-06 Duramaxs.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Dont hold me on it but Im not sure if it will work on yours or not. I dont know too much about bully dog but if it dont work I would suggest taking it to a local auto parts store. Auto Zone and Advance Auto both read clear codes. Good luck bud

·
Registered
470 Posts
411 do the key thing to read your codes. Turn key to on position donot crank engine, turn key off then turn backon, off then on again. Codes will show in odometer window.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That key turn doesn't work on the 98s and 99s, only the 00s, 01s, and 02s. I took it to Canadian tire and the 16 year old kid wanted 85 bucks to check it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts