Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

help body lift

1662 Views 24 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  BC_03
:confused013:my buddy told me i could order a gas body lift for my truck and order intercooler boots and that would be all i need is he right or what else would i need or any other ideas yall might have
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
You need coils, leaf springs or blocks, straps (depending on lift size), control arms, maybe even a sway bar kit... there is alot involved with a lift... for small lifts, such as front lifts, just place 2" spacers above your stock coil springs in the front.

· Registered
369 Posts
You need coils, leaf springs or blocks, straps (depending on lift size), control arms, maybe even a sway bar kit... there is alot involved with a lift... for small lifts, such as front lifts, just place 2" spacers above your stock coil springs in the front.
he is referring to a body lift, not a suspension lift.

to the OP, sorry i dont know if it would work. and even if it would, yikes, body lifts scare me:shock:

· Registered
74 Posts
i have a diesel spaciffic body lift for sale performance acc 60133... i will sell cheap... carter01 pm me its brand new in box

· Registered
1,002 Posts
3in spacer for intake horn. Not sure if half ton will work or not it also comes with everything to lower intercooler radiator and trans cooler down even with your engine.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what happens with the gooseneck hitch when you do a body lift i know its gonna sink down but is there anythin i can do to still have a functional gooseneck setup

· Diesel Filled Veins!
5,772 Posts
I have a body lift on an old gasser of mine. After having it body lifted for about 8 years, I can say I certainly wouldn't do a body lift ever again. As far as goodneck hauling with a body lift, you'll have to fab up a good support structure between the box and frame to get the structural integrety you'll need!

· Registered
136 Posts
I wouldnt put a body lift on if you paid me! Why are you thinking of putting one on? If its just to clear bigger tires, Just adjust the body with a hammer and sawzall, Its alot safer for the people driving around you LOL...

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I've had a body lift on three trucks no problems with any of them just make sure you periodically tighten your frame bolts back up.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im getting the lift for bigger tires. my brother is the one who put the gooseneck on my truck and he said if i do the lift theres nothin i could do to make it work i was just checkin for ideas to prove him wrong:hehe:

· Registered
1,002 Posts
It can be done I have all my stuff to install my gooseneck just gotta do it if you'd like I can post you some pics I'm going to add support to the front and back of channel iron to help support it since I have to add 3in if metal to raise the ball back up.

· Registered
760 Posts
body lifts on diesels are about one of the most annoying things in the world. i work at a high preformance suspension shop that specializes is full size trucks and we refuse to put body lifts on diesels. your better off with a leveling kit or a small suspension lift. you can clear up to 35 12:50's on just a leveling kit.

· Registered
1,899 Posts
There's a company out there, I don't remember who, that makes an extended ball for a gooseneck, that would work for the bl...A buddy of mine was thinking about it, since he had a bl on his truck. If you wanted to go a different route, as long as you or someone you know REALLY knows how to weld, you could fabricate a mount for the gooseneck, to bring it up off the frame, but those are the only two ways I know to readjust the gooseneck for a bl...

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Could you elaborate a little on y it's annoying and you refuse to do it. Just curious if I haven't seen or if it hasn't happened yet on what the problem with them are.

· Registered
760 Posts
because the way front of the body mounts up is extremely tough to put on because of the weight of the motor, you need a full size lift to do it. also it could sometimes mess things up in the motor compartment but rarely. the biggest issue i have seen is that the kits just arent made to handle the weight and stress these diesels are put through, i have seen the break and cause issues especially while towing. if you already have a 13" lift and your rollin on 40's and want more lift then maybe. but not on a truck thats going to be doing work

· VA Chapter VP
1,333 Posts
so 3" inch lifts should be used on trucks for more or less show, i have the 2.5 level in front and was wanting to clear 37's a little more than i do now. i was considering a 3" but i also have gooseneck i was just going to cut a nice sized box around the ball and resupport the channels in the box with homemade I-beams. and fashion a lid for the ball

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I stacked channel iron. I use my truck alot for work the bl works fine as well just put the crush blocks in the back and your good to go. Everyone has an opinion but as for mine ive installed it on 5 diffrent trucks and nobody has had any problems.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Neither the kit come with everything u need to drop intercooler and everything back down to where it was.

Reactions: "BIGRIG2000"
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.