Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help.. I have a 05 dually with 108k miles that just blew its second turbo.. Mods are diablo sport tuner cold air and a straight through muffler. Truck only gets driven on interstate ad some towing.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
What is happening to your turbos? Getting a lot of bark? Shuttin it down hot? What sort of EGT are you seeing on the road and what do you shut it down at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know to be honest.. I usually let it idle for a bit b4 I shut her down.. First turbo blew while towing almost sucked the air filter down the pipe.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Wow what kind of intake?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like your engine is sucking in more air than your filter can handle.
Or you use cheap quality air filters that aren't designed to handle the pressures and volume a turbo diesel can produce on the inlet side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
S&B should not be sucking in unless it is extremely dirty.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
IMHO S&B intake filters are too small and because they are oiled don't flow as well as the dry filters. I would start by replacing that and going from there.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
So you replaced the crushed filter with the same filter, and got the same result?

I would think a restrictive filter would cause your EGT's to skyrocket too.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Explain the actual death of your turbo... the shaft breaks off... the fins hit the housing... what?

PS I do not believe the S+B is at fault or we would hear this more often. It is VERY popular.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The first one the fins where hitting the housing.. I havnt takin this one out yet so I don't exactly know what went.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts