Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow i was wondering if anyone could help me? I have a 01 cummins with an auto trans and am not getting any torqu converter lockup. The check engin light came on, pulled the codes got a p1740 which is the Tcc or OD solinoid. I changed them and nothing changed still getting the code and no lock up. cnan anyone help?

G

·
Check the wiring for a short circuit. If the solenoids are good, its either not getting the command, or the signal isn't making it to the solenoids.

·
Registered
661 Posts
could be TPS (throttle position sensor) on mine it had the same thing but no codes

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
APPS or a bad ground maybe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know if it could be the torqu converter or the valve body? trans shifts good through all gears only no lock up.

G

·
You would have to do pressure testing to determine if the VB was operating correctly, and electrical testing to check the solenoids. I don't know off the top of my head what wires are for what, but there is a wiring diagram in the FSM. There is a link to a FSM in the archives here, need only do a search.

G

·
Apparently the link is gone. Chrysler is a bit overkill on keeping all materials regarding the products it makes under wraps unless you buy it. What year is your truck?

Sorry, now I see it on your first post. Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so i was reading some other posts and saw somthing about a manual lock up switch. I read some info on it and decided to give it a try. Got it all in and while driving about 35-40 mph flip the switch and you can feel a slight drop in rpm but if i throttle up it fells like it releases,any ideas?

01 quad cab cummins, rebuilt auto trans, super B single turbo, stage 5 jammers, BD anti defuler, edge comp with hot unlock, bullydog intake, 7" stacks, 7" skyjack long arm with 38.5 boggers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
did the factory offer a lock-up converter "upgrade"

I just got my 2006 2500 it was perchased at auction with 35,000 miles on it
I wanted to know how the truck came as stock
And a Dealer did a Vin# report for me
it shows in the list that it came with a 4.10 axel ratio 11.5 rear end
4-speed 48RE transmission / All 4-speed Automatic trans.
Lock-Up Torque Converter.
?Is that an Upgrade ? -Or just how all of them come?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts