Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my transmision is not shifting right, when coming home from work, though town, i was in 2,000 rpm range. then at a stop sign my truck wouldnt even move!!!!!:thud::thud: its shifting to late if it shifts at all:CRY: what should i do???

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to metion the fluid was high and TP sensor was replaced about 600-700 miles ago

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It sounds like the trans is done. Pull the pan and see what's in it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the fluid is not that old. about 3-4 months ago it was in the dealership (they are worthless) for recall work. long story short, none of the recalls were done and (im about 99% sure) they changed the trans fluid. there were rub marks in the grease from a glove and A BOLT WAS MISSING ON THE PAN!!!!!:thud:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It doesn't matter how old the fluid is. What matters is if there is junk in the pan. First do the basic thing. Check fluid level. If it is down and you didn't drive too much you may escape without any damage.

·
Ontario Chapter VP
905 Posts
checking your codes would be a good start too

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine was acting kind of like that....

a friend told me that it was the pressure transducer. apparently a common problem. havent done this to mine yet cuz it developed two wicked leaks....trans fluid and fuel.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
High fluid level? Front pump might be going.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Codes on 94

Stored diagnostic codes can be displayed by turning the "ignition" key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON Within three seconds. The fault codes will flash on the "CHECK ENGINE" light located at about the 8:00 position on the tachometer face. This procedure works for the 94-96 12 Valve engines. The 97-98 12 valve and the ISB all require the DRB diagnostic tool to obtain trouble codes.

As an example, a 23 code would be indicated by FLASH, FLASH, PAUSE, FLASH, FLASH, FLASH. Multiple codes may be displayed, and the sequence always ends with 55. Green codes will light the CHECK ENGINE lamp when the engine is running.

CODE MEANS
11 No crank signal detected during cranking
12 Battery was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles (Resets after 50)
15 No vehicle speed/distance signal while driving
23 Intake manifold air temp sensor voltage too high or too low
24 Throttle position sensor voltage too high or too low (automatic only)
33 An open or shorted condition detected in the AC clutch relay circuit
34 Open or short in the Speed control solenoid circuits or
Speed control switch voltage too high or too low
37 Open or short in the Torque converter clutch solenoid CKT circuit or
Voltage high or low at transmission Temperature sensor
41 An open or shorted condition detected in the alternator field control circuit
42 An open or shorted condition detected in the Auto Shutdown Relay circuit
44 An open or shorted condition detected in the engine coolant temp sensor circuit or
A problem exists in the PCM battery temperature / voltage circuit
45 An open or shorted condition detected in the overdrive solenoid circuit
46 Battery charging system voltage too high
47 Battery charging system voltage too low
53 Internal PCM circuitry or communication failure
55 End of sequence. Last code sent to indicate the end of the codes.
62 SPI miles not being updated as vehicle travels
63 Unsuccessful attempt to write to EEPROM by the PCM

These are all of the codes that I know about on 94, and not much help for transmission problems since the transmission is Hydraulic and not Electronic, except for temp and some voltage highs and lows, and the TC clutch circuit. Codes 15, 23, 24, 37, 41, 46, and 47 should be green, but I could not get the color to change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 A/T 340,000 kms. My truck has 2 codes P1595 and P1693, shifting is funny, overdrive lock and unlock. APPS replaced a few months ago, tranny replaced 20,000 kms ago,any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
2001 A/T 340,000 kms. My truck has 2 codes P1595 and P1693, shifting is funny, overdrive lock and unlock. APPS replaced a few months ago, tranny replaced 20,000 kms ago,any thoughts.
not sure about the codes but that could be a few things. lock up silonoid or a wiring problem.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
There is a good chance that this is a TPS problem. Actually, you should post your problem on the 2nd gen 24 valve forum. Anyone reading this thread about the 47RH transmission may not get this far if they know about the 47RE transmission like you have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts