Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I posted this in the General section hoping for an answer but I didn't get any. I posted it in the 6.7 section as well because i'm also inquiring about the 6.7. Any help is appreciated fella's!

I haven't bought a Ram yet, but i've been considering them. I plan on starting a transportation business and lately i've been leaning towards a Cummins powered 3500 DRW. I've been looking at the 03-07 for the 5.9 as i've driven quite a few of them. I have never touched one with the 6.7 in it. In the beginning I was more interested in an 08 F450 for the 24,000# towing capacity. After getting the full service history on it after 35k miles being 5 pages long and some major issues, I have decided to look at the "dark side". I have always been a Ford man but the 6.4 is too flawed to try and keep a steady business going. Sorry for rambling, onto the point: I'm more interested in 03-07 5.9 Ram 3500's Duallys. I am open minded and may consider the 6.7 with some persuasion. I'm looking for any quirks these trucks may have and if they have any major mechanical flaws. I know the transmissions are a weak link but that's all I really know about them. How much can they tow with a 5th wheel/gooseneck setup and what kind of mpg's can I expect? Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,808 Posts
gross out at 33k in my 06 witha std tranny and only had to replace the clutch as far as the drivetrain. turbo wne t out the the other day but i only have 147k on it

·
Hide your cats!
5,106 Posts
keep it stock and it will last you a lifetime! yes trannys are weak but most people have add hp in some way shape or form. and stick to the maintence schedule and you will be as good as gold!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts