Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a cam and springs, and if prices where the same which one of these would you guys run?? And also if I run the Helix could I run Hamilton springs or should I run the sportsmans springs?

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
I heard a rumor of a F-1 sale for both cam and springs. Maybe a vendor will chime in to verify, but saving some cash should help make up your mind.

Oh and Im very happy with my Helix-2 and sportsman springs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Same here. Very happy with my Helix 2 and Sportsman springs!

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
yes interesting thread. im in the market for a cam here very soon!!!:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
yeah thats cheaper then the other sale I saw on the cam but the other sale is alot cheaper on the springs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
sorry guys Mike22 was me. I forgot I was on his computer.:hateit:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
sorry i was mistaken the spring are the same price.

·
Banned
516 Posts
what do u gain with a new cam!

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
what do u gain with a new cam!
Not much.... a little spool up.

IF all was equal I'd go with the Helix due to the Bolt on Gear.

I think unless I was looking for the last drop of power I'd also just do springs to help with the valve train at high RPM's and leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Gus: In your opinion, what is better about the maxspool? I understand you had issues with the Helix Cam, and I have no direct connection with Don so leaving the brand and history behind.... what distinct differences do you notice that make the maxspool your choice.

do you really think a CAM is a needed item if a user is not competing?

W

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
He can sell the Maxspool, not F1 stuff. To some the best products on the market are only the ones that they can obtain for resale.
Trying to get an objective opinion outside of those facts, my intentions were not to bring that stuff up but hear what he has experienced.

Do you feel a CAM is needed outside of competition?

Wicked your a builder as well, what's your take on it.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
yeah, are a cam and springs a really good idea, im gonna be competing in sled pulling and drag racing just wondering, and my team mate wants to get more power without throwing twins in, maybe that would be a good idea for his 02??

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Thr Springs are needed for RPM, if your gonna get his 02 up an running I would look into them for sure. The cam is going to help spool and flow, getting you more.... if it's gonna be a daily driven puller you should go to the Helix 2, and for an all out race build you will be wanting a Helix 3.

A VP truck is not gonna make the RPM's unless you P Pump it or go Monster, the Monster still won't rev like a P-Pump.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts