Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i need some help i am in Costa Rica right now and my truck (08 megacab cummins 4x4 it has cab lights so keep that in mind) is in miami my brother will be shipping it to me, it needs to be at the port on monday but it has to clear 6'6'' here is the tricky part it has the rize 8'' lift with the 37'' tires now i will have him put the stocks back on and deflate them(they told me i could do that as long as it fits) now does anyone have a truck that they could measure stock height and add 8"just to see what it comes out to and give me an idea if deflated it will clear:confused013:mind you it has to be at the port on monday so quick answers would be greatly appreciat:thumbsup:ed thanks guys

·
Registered
382 Posts
My truck's not handy so I can't measure it, but this website gives a standard height for an 08 mega at 78.50 inches, or 6'6.5". Hope that helps. You might be able to deflate the tires a little on a stock height truck and fit it for shipping.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Exterior - MSN Autos

·
Registered
102 Posts
the rize kit is just a bolt-on so why not have him remove it and ship it stock on stock wheels with the lift and big tires/wheels in the bed. then reinstall lift when you get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i would but my brother is not a hands on type of guy and the shop will charge me like $600 to uninstall plus the shipping of the vehicle which is like $1200 not to mention the import tax which is like a third of the price of the vehicle so i was also wondering that if worse comes to worse that if i could have them compress the springs to drop it some would this damage the shocks or springs being that it would be like that for about 3 weeks ahhh what do i do :bonk:

·
Registered
480 Posts
ummmmm

my truck is bone stock as far as height and tires go, my gargage door is 7ft and i can tell you when i go in there is only a few inches clearance between the top and the cab lights, i really dont see how you can pull off 6' 6" with the rize lift on there.....:banghead: good luck though, hope u get it worked out.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
I think you need to look into other shipping options. my truck leveled on 35's is 7 feet+ tall.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
A stock garage height is 7' and I can tell you that a stock truck barely clears that and my 3500 with a 6" lift is easily 1' over that as the middle of the windshield is equal to the height of the garage opening. I ship to the port often. What is with the 6'6" deal. I assume there is a change is price if you go over that. There are many vehicle/equipment that is over 6'6"

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What's with the 6'6", are they planing on shipping it in a container??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats the containers they use (stack more get more $) but the other way of shipping is more than twice as much it jumps from 1025 to 2300 so i was trying to see the easiest way out but we will see how they pu;; it off i have a few of my buddies up there trying to figure it out to so.... just have to see till tonight to see how they do

·
Registered
31 Posts
if it helps my 06 has 285's with the 2" leveling kit and it clears a 7ft 2in clearence pole in my local parking garage by 1 inch

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I would try this site.
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2008/dr/drmo.pdf, follow the directions to the 3500 stock Mega /Quad/Reg cab trucks. Then click on the correct icon and follow the directions. The over all heigth with out the lights for a stock 3500 Mega Cab is 79.4 inches, hope this helps.

·
Registered
466 Posts
mine is stock, 3500 4x4, stock tires, wheels, suspension. Has maybe 2-3"max clearance into my 7' garage door.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
Will they allow you to compress the suspension with straps or something? I'm thinking probably not, because if one breaks you won't get the truck out of the container, but it's worth asking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Measured my 2500 4x4 at 6' 8" bone stock.

Good luck with your challenge......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts