Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I know this is a flamable question to some, but I just got an 05 that had the overloads removed to lower the rear and I really like the stance and ride of the truck as it is. The problem is that I tow a 30ft flat deck gooseneck once in a while loaded to about 15K Gross. My plan is to add Timbren Overload Springs and leave the factory overloads out. The Timbrens work like an airbag, but are a fixed rubber spring that replaces the stock bump stop and rides about 1/2" above the axle unloaded. They are rated at 6K additional load, so I think it will be fine, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this.

I also have aftermarket wheels and tires that do stick out of the fender well just enough that if it got low enough it would hit the bed. That is my biggest concern.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just add the compressor later, put the bags on and have Schrader valve at rear of truck. It's a pain to fill if you don't have a compressor at home but I think its the way to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did what you did, I removed 5 leafs, and added bags, I still tow a 20k trailer.. with no issues

1 - 11 of 11 Posts