Cummins Diesel Forum banner

heavy duty bumpers

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  LR11 
#1 ·
Okay, I have been looking for a while. I have found the following.
Buckstop
Allien
road armor
arb
boondocks
ranch hand
and that aluminum custom shop out of montana

My question is there anything else to look at. Not really into spending 2k however I will be getting something. I just need a little something between me and the horses !ss in front of me who thinks they own the road. :thumbsup

#2 ·
try tough country bumpers,top gun bumpers...i just had a deer walk out in front of me tonight while doing about 60.

hit the brakes but i was towing a 15000 lb trailer:rof not a chance of stopping.

needless to say the deer was toast and my front bumper is gone..
tomorrow morning im gonna order the tough country bumper that they show on the black and tan mega cab. anyway good luck :thumbsup

#3 ·
I have a T3 front replacement, very HEAVY and their the cheapest around I found.

#8 ·
check out this guy Ranch Hand Style Bumpers 512-563-8188 Low Prices! BumperDude.com he is out of austin, tx i believe. spoke with the guy on the phone personally and he seemed like a straight shooter. when i priced both front and rear replacement bumpers for my dad's 02 he knocked the price of both if bought them together and they're already pretty reasonable. also, they look as stout as a ranchhand maybe even stronger.

#11 ·
buddy hit a deer doin 70 with a ranch hand wouldnt have been able to tell except the deer spun around and hit his door, as far as the front end no damage at all

#12 · (Edited)
Alien,Road Armor and Boondocks are the best looking by far. Did you see that Boondocks offer a 25% discount on 3 or more bumpers?They're prices are pretty affordable and they have a base bumper you can get depending on the options.

Do I hear an upcoming group buy???

#13 ·
my bumper has paid for itself

this has happened twice already and i haven't even had the truck for two months. i go to this restaurant and while i'm inside eating some idiot backs into the front of my truck:rof. same result both times though, nothing harmed on my truck and thier taillight is laying on the ground in pieces in front of my truck.:butt: they drove off both times, but i don't care nothing wrong with the big goat. if i didn't have that, no tellin how much i would've spent in bodywork. moral of the story, get a replacement bumper:thumbsup

#15 ·
The Reunel stainless is sweet but $3300 front and $1500 rear for basic bumpers is crazy!!!

#19 ·
I like the road armor bumpers with/prerunners. They list a deal with winch and lights also but I don't really need the winch and I was planning on just adding a 2nd set of factory fog lights.
They price is a bit high especially on the rear bumper WOW!! I like the boondocks and the price is much better on the rear and with a 25% group buy( 3 or more bumpers) the price is right but show us what you got MARK!!

#21 ·
Keep checking ebay. I found a ranch hand front bumper for a 3rd gen that I modified just a bit to fit my 2nd gen. It was like 500 shipped (350 for the bumper -- 150 to ship). I have also seen rears go for around 250 (350 shipped).

Have you thought about fabbing one on your own? You could also just build your own bumper for about 300 to 400 bux (depending on lights installed). The one I built below (not totally finished in the pic) can easily be modified into working on a 3rd gen with guards around the lights. I have some pretty detailed plans on a bumper like this if you are interested.

#23 ·
superhawk2002, I would like to build my own, just don't have the tools or the fab equipment.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I have checked out all of bumpers listed, I guess I will have to make my choice. Just wanted a low profile bumper that was built to take the abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.