Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those making their own Bio, if you would, please tell me your heating times, temps, size of your processor, and wattage of your heating elements.

I am in the final steps of designing my system, and would like to get some real world numbers to help me decide on final designs for heating.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Rick

·
Registered
397 Posts
220v that came on the WH, 38 gallon. Not sure on the wattage but it will heat up 22 gallons to 130 degree in 25-30 minutes.

Eugene

·
Registered
661 Posts
phatB are you going off of any plans or just designing your own? i am al so looking in to it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am desigining my own system.
In my previous employment, I spent 19yrs in chemical manufacturing.
I am designing my setup by merging the best from what I see on the market, other home brewers, and the equipment I used to work on in the chemical plant.
The only thing I will NOT do initially is any type of automation.
I want to build a good system, produce great fuel, then I will refine the system with automation.

I will be heating by recycling through a heat exchanger built with the water heater elements.
That heat exchanger will be setup so it can be used on any of my tanks.
I will be dry washing using Magnesol (I have used Magnesol extensively to purify our coconut methyl esters and silicone fluids for my previous employer, and know its miraculous power of adsorbtion, yes ADsorbtion, not ABsorbtion)

Anyway, thanks for the info, hope to get some more input

·
Registered
661 Posts
how do you feel about the "appleseed" processor (the one from a water heater)? me and a buddy a thinkin about building one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts