Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wasnt sure which forum to post this on but my truck is a 2000 with 217000 miles on it never changed the thermostat or anything before but here is the weird part the heater will only blow warm on like 3 or 4 but when i go all the way up with it then i cools down and blows barely any heat im not sure what it could be now in the summer it was getting pretty hot so i put royal purple ice in it and that cooled it down and did a flush which helped out now im wondering could this just be a thermostat problem or the heater coil i was leaning more to the thermostat because the heat will blow warm then cool down then blow warm again any help would be great

·
Banned
432 Posts
When the truck is at operating temp, feel the heater hoses....both should be approx the same temp....if not it's likely there is a blockage in the core.
Flush the heater core.......pull the heater hoses and flush the core with a garden hose, both directions. Depending on how much restriction, you may be swapping the core.
Check to make sure the blend door is operating correctly.
Replace the thermostat......these are cheap and at 217k it should be done anyway.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does the truck get to operating temp, and yes t-stat is cheap and easy also flush the radiator it is good practice every couple of years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.