Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys first time diesel owner here. Having trouble with the heater control. It doesnt seem to wanna switch from either vent, defrost or floor without turning the fan off or down then back on AFTER selecting another direction . So if you have it on defrost, you have to turn the fan down, switch lets say to floor then turn the fan back up and it switches, there is NO inbetween any of the selections. What are you ideas ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think that it wouldnt work at all though. Weird that if you turn the fan down that it will change the mode. Is there any vacuum involved in the switching of modes??

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the fan is on higher speed and pushing more air, the door has to work that much harder to move with the force of air going through it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My truck was doing the same thing. The mode door was stripped where the coupling slides into it. The stop was broken off the coupler and this allowed it to keep turnning and strip the door. If you search you will see that it is not easy to replace the door. It requires a complete dash removal, AC discharge and coolant drain to be able to remove the heater box. I was able to remove the plastic covers from my dash and gain access to the servo motor. I removed it, pulled the coupler, bought a new coupler, cut 2 small nails to fit in the coupler groves to give it a tight fit, used epoxy and slid it back in. It is working fine now. If you go to the heater treater web site, they have a fix that requires cutting a hole in the heater box to replace the door. They have a video that helped me know what I was looking for and do the repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.