Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here again, I have an 09 2500 and I can't find the cord for my heater block. This cord is stock on every truck right? Does anyone have any pictures or a good description of where it's located. I can't fond it to save my life

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Search a bit - you'll find a lot of threads on it.

Cord is not stock on every truck. The heater is standard on each engine though. Look below your oil filter for a small round plastic cap covering the heater. You can get a cord from Genos Garage to attach, or from dealer for 2x as much.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
2x as much? Genos is $16, dealer is closer to $70.. just sayin

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you have one the cord end will be located right above the passenger side tow hook. Basically inside the bumper.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
If you have one the cord end will be located right above the passenger side tow hook. Basically inside the bumper.
That is only on the 4th Gen. The OP has a 3rd gen and it will be below the passenger side headlight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just found mine the other day, open the hood, it was located in the right corner of the opening, nrea the headlight. There is a holder it was snapped into. We have similar trucks.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
Yeah my cummins dealer wanted $45. lucked out and my salesman had one in his file cabinet that he gave me for FREE!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Never...ever go to the dealer. Here's the fleetguard p/n: 251919
It only cost me $15 and they had it in stock

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2010 I bought new in july, and didn't have a block heater cord when I looked about 3 weeks ago. I called the dealer and the parts guy said it was $135.00 but since I bought the truck there he would let me have it for $95.00 what a pal !!! I called the salesman from who I bought the truck from and complained . He played dum. I wasn't rude but if he expected or wanted any future sales he better handle it. He did, no charge but I had to install it. If you spend close to $50000. for a diesel pickup and not get a block heater cord ? I don't think so. Oh other hand if you asked before or while you were trying to make a deal they would just add it in on the price of the truck. Then let them buy it ! What cheap way to try and make a buck . Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts