Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried putting this is the CC category, didn’t get any responses. I just did a delete and tune. Got some of the tune fine tuned, but still my heated seats can’t be turned on and off from the touch screen. When I have the automatic turn on turned on they work but the icon on the touch screen is not lit up and can’t turn off and on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Are your batteries toast?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I tried putting this is the CC category, didn’t get any responses. I just did a delete and tune. Got some of the tune fine tuned, but still my heated seats can’t be turned on and off from the touch screen. When I have the automatic turn on turned on they work but the icon on the touch screen is not lit up and can’t turn off and on. Any suggestions?
Would this happen to be a 2018? Call your tuner and let him know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would this happen to be a 2018? Call your tuner and let him know.
Yes it’s a 2018. I should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have this issue on my 2018 as well. Everything works perfectly other than the lack of heated cooled seats and heated wheel.

Tuner says they have a request in with EZ lynk for a new base file but it is hard to get and has been a while. Quite frustrating to be honest, was looking forward to a heated wheel more than the seats.

Did you get yours resolved?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have this issue on my 2018 as well. Everything works perfectly other than the lack of heated cooled seats and heated wheel.

Tuner says they have a request in with EZ lynk for a new base file but it is hard to get and has been a while. Quite frustrating to be honest, was looking forward to a heated wheel more than the seats.

Haven't yet. Going to drive a ways today and see if it transfers fuel from the rear tank. If it transfers fuel we will have it necked down to just the seats and steering wheel. Does your work when you have it set to come on when the temperature is cold?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Not real sure it does, just that they worked fine before the delete and tune.

Do either of you happen to have AlfaOBD? Somehow, on the 2018’s, I believe the tune is possibly changing the value of the heated seat module on the cabin network.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Do either of you happen to have AlfaOBD? Somehow, on the 2018’s, I believe the tune is possibly changing the value of the heated seat module on the cabin network.
Educate me on the AlfaOBD, I haven’t a clue about it.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
People, especially women and kids, LOVE to put their full weight on their knees and kneel on the seats in order to retrieve something, reach something or place something.

That will destroy the heating grid under your seat. It can break the wires and also cause them to separate and disconnect from the heating grid.

I know it did in the older vehicles. I don't know for sure about now. You'd think that they would have come up with something that's wife and kid-proof by now. But I guess cast iron would be uncomfortable

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I did a quick search. I don’t have alfaobd. My tune is a efi.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
It’s software that can make changes to the BCM, such as when you add factory features to the truck, and need to enable them. I was more thinking, if you already happened to have it, you could check the setting and re-enable it. Since you don’t have it, better off pressing your tune supplier to get you the correct file.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts