Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 dodge ram 2500 cummins and my heat does not work properly.
It is only halfway warm. I just put a new thermostat in the truck, did not help any. I have flushed out the heater core with drano and the heater core does not seem to be clogged at all. If i pour any water through it, it comes right out the other side. Not sure what else to do???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did it

I just today completed my flush and complete hose replacement...all the result of trying to solve a low/no heat problem. I flushed the heater core directly and then flushed the whole engine and radiator...now I have heat.

In case you didn't try it this way, I put the garden hose right to the heater core and the drain right off the other side of the core... then reversed the connections and did it again. Some guys just flush through the whole cooling system and not directly in and out of the heater core...I did just the core and got some sludge out, then the engine radiator separatly, now I have heat.

If you already tried that...the only other thing I've seen in these threads is something to do with a baffle in the blower system that mail fail to operate properly thereby allowing a lot of outside air to circulate into the heater instead of all cabin air.

·
Registered
750 Posts
mine is doing the same thing. havent flushed anything yet. how or wheere do i flush the Heater core. and also mine will blow halfway hot then. it will blow cold too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try a whole coolant flush throughout the whole engine and radiator and then if that doesn't work, then i'm guessing something is wrong with the blower system and I think it might be that because when I have the blower on high, the air doesn't even come out very fast.

Stevel, the heater core hoses are on the passengers side of the engine right next to the valve cover and you'll see two hoses running from the engine to the firewall, pop off those hoses at the engine side and flush through there, the heater core is in the firewall.

·
Registered
750 Posts
ok. thanks man. obviously flush going toward the firewall... and would there be an advantage to flush the toher way?

·
Registered
289 Posts
not sure if you guys are getting a lot of dust inside the cab, but it wouldnt hurt to pull the blower motor and check the outside of the heater core. they get pretty plugged up, good way to tell is if youre not getting much air through the vents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts