Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

heart breaker

1836 Views 24 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  MCummings
Well i dynoed my truck again, Same dyno and same truck plus a sbdd and a cfm intake but different tune. Got only 5 more hp and 1 less ft/lb. I was hot but lookin back i should have run the same tune.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,618 Posts
what were the #'s?

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hopin the clutch would make a little difference. Im right on the 500 1000 line and wanted so badly to touch it. I guess im gonna have to put somethin else on it?

· Registered
461 Posts
I heard the Cold Air intake can actually take away from TQ too. :confused013:

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
I don't remember the torque numbers when we did our testing, but HP was hurt by all but 1 intake.

Dave
interesting...:confused013:

i wanna get on a dyno with the stock as hell rig, just to see what a SO truck will do stock, gotta find a dyno first..:thumbsup:

· Registered
2,002 Posts
i think that sounds low... but with the Special dont most people reccomend running 200s?

· Premium Member
1,019 Posts
What was that one?
The DTT intake.

This is all with a stock intercooler. The effects were less pronounced with an aftermarket unit.

You can't expect a venturi area intake designed for a vacuum motor to work the same as it is used in a charge air motor.

We're only on vacuum until the turbo gets spooled.

The third gens benefit FAR more from the aftermarket intakes.

Dave

· Registered
461 Posts
Yeah I gotta try to find the thread on here but I know I read that the CAI actually reduced the TQ? :confused013: Like I said I gotta find it but I have had a few and I get easily distracted. :lol4:

· Registered
2,512 Posts
I find it amazing advertisers always claim 10 % power here, 25% there, blah blah blah And BS HVY on the BS
Manufacturers just do not leave that much HP/ and TQ on the table to be gained by adding a whats a fudzit.
It is just as amazing to watch and hear about folks gobbling it up

· Registered
164 Posts
Well those numbers arent something you should be sad about man:thumbsup: still pretty good if you ask me. Im lookin to get to the 500 mark to, good luck! I hear afrer 450 it gets really expensive

· Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I love the TQ vs HP debates.

If I am racing and wanna go fast, I only care about HP. If I wanna pull more weight at the same displacement, I care about torque.

Either way, it's just a measurement of "estimated" power.

Dave

· Registered
164 Posts
I love the TQ vs HP debates.

If I am racing and wanna go fast, I only care about HP. If I wanna pull more weight at the same displacement, I care about torque.

Either way, it's just a measurement of "estimated" power.

Dave
I just want the numbers dude, power in any measurement=fun :headbang:

· Registered
2,512 Posts
I just want the numbers dude, power in any measurement=fun :headbang:
There is no debate. Two kinds of measurements
One is peak (usually) the other is followed all through the RPM range and gives a better idea of actual work PWR @ any given RPM
HP is bragging rites, Torque Is seal the deal.
The Purrfect engine can develop Pwr @ 0 RPM
The Purrrfect ENG could move a freight train in either direction and start from 0 RPM.
One can not measure HP @ 0 RPM but Torq can be measured
As the engimneers say.." The Steam Engine is the Purrrfect ENG as it will do the above

· Registered
9,857 Posts
I was hopin the clutch would make a little difference. Im right on the 500 1000 line and wanted so badly to touch it. I guess im gonna have to put somethin else on it?
get a standard output injection pump. you will break the 500 mark easily with one. my torque is not far behind yours and im runnin stock turbo and stock injectors.
interesting...:confused013:

i wanna get on a dyno with the stock as hell rig, just to see what a SO truck will do stock, gotta find a dyno first..:thumbsup:

i'll save ya the trip. the lower numbers are with the fueling box turned off. only things different are straight pipe cool air intake, and a boost elbow that does squat without more fueling...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.