Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone has this happen, i was driving home 1 night and i lost my headlights (at night on the freeway) and dash lights were only have lit across the dash,while it sounded like clicking relays underneath the dash?

i had no lights for 25 secs.. then they came back on.. no lost of lights since... though every now and then i hear clicking underneath the dash!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
^ Check the connector above your left foot by the kick panel. Some guys have said it was loose or not fully secured causing all sorts of dash electrical problems. Its a large connector.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
While I've never heard noises in the dash while driving, I have heard them when parked with everything off. I remember reading something about it in a thread a while back and I believe it's normal. I'm trying to think why I have never heard it while driving. I don't always have the sound up.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Most of the noises you hear under the dash when the truck has been shut down is from the climate control system valves moving and closing doors etc, the kicker is when you leave the truck running, get out and leave the vehicle with the fob in pocket, It chimes and says "Key Fob has left the vehicle" my new nick name now LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
While I've never heard noises in the dash while driving, I have heard them when parked with everything off. I remember reading something about it in a thread a while back and I believe it's normal. I'm trying to think why I have never heard it while driving. I don't always have the sound up.
You might be hearing the DEF pump as it pumps any DEF in the lines back into the DEF tank. The DEF is not left in the lines when you shut your truck off because of freezing and then it might split your lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts