Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
ElectroJake, you have a very strange posting style.

I don't know if you are joking or if you are completely off your rocker! :)
My post may be completely off base if you are joking or being sarcastic!

If you think that buying a new gasser truck will relieve your anxieties, you will be disappointed. (If you are serious about trading your Cummins in for a Ford gasser).

The new truck, whatever it is, Ford, GM, Fiat, Citroen, Honda, Tata, diesel, gasser, electric, nuclear will also have issues and poor engineering flaws.

Don't sweat this stuff. It's actually good that weak points are found on these trucks and solutions are proposed and developed.
I much prefer to prevent these issues in my garage than on the side of the road with RV and family on a vacation..

P2609 Fanatic
ElectroJake, you have a very strange posting style.
I don't know if you are joking or if you are completely off your rocker! :)
LoL 馃槀 It's a little bit of both.
Actually the crew here pretty much knows my style so it doesnt really phase them anymore.
I've been whining about my Longhorn since April Fools Day 2016. The day I took delivery.
If my Ram ran as good as my two Toyota's, Honda, Jeep, and (former) F250 gasser I'd be bored sh!tless.

Best regards SD,
-Ej- (y)

Registered
I assure you that if you go to ANY other forums for other truck brands you will see the same complaints from those owners as well.
We see only those that come here when they have problems of some kind. I think the vast majority of CTD owners have zero problems and are never seen here.

Registered
I assure you that if you go to ANY other forums for other truck brands you will see the same complaints from those owners as well.
We see only those that come here when they have problems of some kind. I think the vast majority of CTD owners have zero problems and are never seen here.
Oh I'm here. I'm one of the ones with no issues. I use it as designed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #86
I'm wondering if some of these shroud issues were due to water pump swaps and poor warranty wrenching. It does not explain the new vehicle failures but may be the reason for some.
Actually my water pump was replaced (the recall) not too long before this happened to mine. Still, it鈥檚 piss poor design.

Registered
Actually my water pump was replaced (the recall) not too long before this happened to mine. Still, it鈥檚 piss poor design.
Like I stated when Bedlam posted that, the shroud doesn't have to come off to do the water pump R&R, so it shouldn't have anything to do with it.

P2609 Fanatic
Lord only knows what the dealership does. They may take the radiator out for a water pump. 馃槅
I ordered a Gates pump from Genos the same day I got the recall in the mail. A 20 minute job and no surprises from the hacks at the dealership.
Just saying.

Registered
Have zero problems and am always here, slogging, learning, skimming threads.
50 percent reading your posts and hundreds of others gleaning information, and 50 percent guys like EJ and others, calling sh** like it is, drawing me in like a moth to a porch light.

P2609 Fanatic
Exactly @Drle, us RV types should stick together in this sea of diesel details.馃寠
And then there's this . . .
We see only those that come here when they have problems of some kind.
I think the vast majority of CTD owners have zero problems and are never seen here.
And some of us that have zero problems but come here to complain anyway.

-Ej- 馃槈

Reactions: Drle and 7492

Registered
Exactly @Drle, us RV types should stick together in this sea of diesel details.馃寠
And then there's this . . .

And some of us that have zero problems but come here to complain anyway.

-Ej- 馃槈
Yea, what he said, oh wait ...................

Reactions: Electrojake
81 - 91 of 91 Posts