Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Heads up on Fuel Filters

2875 18
Most people I have seen have been getting fuel filters from Genos. They are right at $30. I was about to order some today and thought, I'll just call my local dealership and see how much they are selling them for. Turns out they are selling them for $21.95. Just a heads up to everyone, you may want to check your local dealer first:thumbsup:
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,157 Posts
They went back down then.

FWIW, the Mopar and the Fleetguard filters are the EXACT same. So buy whichever is cheaper

· Registered
607 Posts
27+tax at my local dealer.

· Regen? What's That??
1,077 Posts
$25.13 + tax from my dealer...

· Registered
155 Posts
Over $40 for me as well.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
You guys that are getting them for near $25 are probably getting dealer price from them. Good-Guy price. :thumbsup:
Dealer would usually be about 60% or so of list.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
$37 + tax @ Cummins in Phoenix & Avondale Dodge in Phoenix. I remember when they were $16. I just paid $41.14 OTD @ Cummins on Wednesday

· Red Rider
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
17,531 Posts
Now read this.

I remember when they were $16.
I remember buying a few for $12 and change some time ago; then they shot through the roof (like fuel prices). Glad to see they're coming down again. Maybe Obama dropped the prices on them so people would change them more frequently thus reducing injector warranty claims. :buttkick:

Greg

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts
Nothing but Mopar and Fleetguard at the moment.

Those of you buying in bulk, be sure to store them inside if you live in a humid environment. I bought about a dozen of them from Geno's when they were still $13 and my last 2 have triggered the WIF light as soon as I have put them on. I believe this is due to condensation on the inside of the plastic housing is being absorbed by the paper filter element. I've had to replace them with new ones off the shelf both times to the tune of $55 each at my local oil change place. Im about sold on a dual 2-mic filter/dryer setup at this point. Primarily for the better filtration but the sheer economics of 2 filters being cheaper than the 1 factory unit is making it much easier to justify.

· Registered
748 Posts
I didn't even know they went up that high - I bought about 4 when they were still $12.

Why did they go up? Is it price gouging or is it because people in china quit making those??:confused013:

· Registered
54 Posts

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
filters

Wow dealer here gets $52...

What other makes and or part #'s work..
2006-2007 5.9L PartNumber 68001914AB msrp $21.80
2007 6.7L Part Number 5183410AA msrp $36.45

Cummins 4935205 4936025
Fleetguard FS19800 FS4325200

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.