Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, i have the 2013 Laramie CC w/o sunroof and there are these raised sections of the roof liner (head liner?) that are kinda close to my head (i'm 6'5"). Has anyone looked at the roof to see why these raised sections exist? I'm wondering if i can have the ceiling modified to get a smidge more head room.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Probably nothing more than adding a little depth to gain structural rigidity so it won't sag over time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem in my 13 Mega....I traded an 06 Mega and had a ton of headroom in that truck. With the new one the stupid headliner has those dropped areas that hit me in the back of the head (I'm 6'6"). Its either drop the seat tracks and cut out an inch or so of height, which I'm a little worried about a failure during an accident and ending up in the seat out in the road someplace, or mess with the headliner. I stopped in for a visit with a reputable interior place here in town and they said anything that they would try would just end up looking awful....I don't think that they wanted to mess with a brand new truck. I know that the old truck had a couple fasteners in the roof with button heads that held the liner up tight to the roof and the new one doesn't. Wonder if we could install something ourselves to pull it up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts