·
Registered
485 Posts
have you changed your fuel filter?

Riley~~~

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
yup, i got er a few months ago an changed it shortly after. the only other issue i can think of is the heater. i was foolin around with it one day an took it apart an cycled it thinkin i would feel the heat from it and got nothin. i didnt disconnect any wires so i figured if it was workin it would put off some kind of heat. but regardless if its workin or not ive read so many threads where trucks fire up in frigid weather without a heater. and this was only ~40 degrees. and the only reason i thought it might be a fuel issue is because i would think that after crankin it for so long it would cough a bita smoke once fired up. im at a loss man haha

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm interested as well
mine seems to vary just slightly on start times.
you know how you get used to how a truck starts and dont even listen.
just hold the key for a set time and release.
once in a while it just cracks to an idle as im releasing the key
and maybe 2 -3 times it actually didnt start and i had to hit it again.
and the next time it cracks loose to run nice and quick.
im not cranking long like you, but it has me wondering what could delay it.
i was thinking crank sensor could have a role.

as with yours, you have no smoke when it cracks loose.
if the inj. were firing i would think too you should have some smoke.
if the crank sensor is a little lazy, it would not sense, and would not tell the truck
to fire the inj. until it sensed crank rotation. then let the fuel go and crack it runs with no smoke.

i aint no pro, thats for sure.
but ive seen the powerjokes do this when it gets too cold. (canada cold)
oil gets too thick and it wont sense. only way to get em to go is to warm up the whole
truck. then it busts right loose and runs fine.
dont remember what years but they had to run thin oil, in time on fall or get caught with a no start.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You can run without a gridheater. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Put some stats about your truck in your sig line so we know what you have.

Riley~~~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes tdmopar59 that is normal as well your voltmeter is low because of the extra draw on the electrical system. the heaters will cycle a max of 150 seconds at which time your volt meter will go up and the lights and blower motor will not dim and slow down.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
208 Posts
no i have not. i just assume theyre fine because it turns over just fine. just doesnt fire. the other day i had to crank it pry atleast 5 or 6 times, about 3-5 secs each time. and when it did finally fire i was thinkin there would be smoke but nothin. just ran like nothin happened. maybe a fuel deliv. issue? idk...
I recently had the same problem, Two new battries and she is good to go :thumbsup:

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
ill have to look into that. what prompted you to replace them? did you test them at all?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It eventually threw a code, it was doing it for about 2 months, took it to the dealer and they told me the batteries we going bad, Rep;aced them and it was fine

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
hmmm, idk man. maybe ill go an have em tested when i get er up an runnin. i still got ball joints to do before it gets too cold out. next time i start it up ill take a video an post it on my youtube account an post the link to it in here so you guys can see an hear it.

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
heres the URL's for some vids i just took this morning of me trying to start the truck in 40 degree weather. any idea whats wrong? anybody? haha

hope this works for ya

·
Registered
28 Posts
^id definitely go have the batteries tested. Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out both batteries were cold cranking at 500amps. New batteries and it fires right up now first try. Looks like people are alluding to a fueling issue as well for your hard start... let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Guys,
I have something turning on and off in the right side floorboard. It does it all the time. Hot or Cold no matter. I hear it at idle. You can even hear it outside the truck.
If it is a grid heater, why is it doing it all day?

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
is it only if you have the hvac set to defroster or air conditioning?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well how long should the truck cycle through the heat cycle after the truck is running and when I start mine up the volt meter stays around 11 or 12 for at least 10 seconds or longer before it comes up to where it needs to be. I think that is normal I hope from what I have read here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
And it also had a code come up to P2509 ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent. But when I cut the truck off before the code come up it was still cycling the heater grid as well. Would that have caused this code where it was pulling so much juice?

·
Registered
466 Posts
the drop on your volt meter is normal

·
Registered
54 Posts
no i have not. i just assume theyre fine because it turns over just fine. just doesnt fire. the other day i had to crank it pry atleast 5 or 6 times, about 3-5 secs each time. and when it did finally fire i was thinkin there would be smoke but nothin. just ran like nothin happened. maybe a fuel deliv. issue? idk...
I had the same problem loose transfer pump line had to get her towed, dealer fix her up i had no time to do it my self, 3hr for them to find the problem air getting in line.

·
MOLON LABE
2,599 Posts
wheres that line at deacro?

21 - 40 of 80 Posts