Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
1. I think you have a "brite box" there. Did I understand correctly that you have two headlight bulbs on each side, for a total of four headlight bulbs? If so is your truck a "Sport" model with color coded bumpers and grill? If it's not a Sport but does have four bulbs, these boxes are to convert the standard single bulb headlights to the premium dual bulb headlights. It's an aftermarket part.

2. Yes, there should be one for each side of the truck.

3. Try www.thebritebox.com I checked out that site, but I couldn't find the conversion box that I'm thinking you have. If you don't find it at that site, try google'ing something like "sport headlight conversion".

The spare connector is for automatic trucks with cruise. They use cruise control actuator that plugs into that connector. In fact, I just got done installing one on my truck tonight. Here's a link to read up more about it. Long story short, if you don't plan to swap your VP44 to a P-pump you won't have to bother with this at all.

Reactions: Gixxer340

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sharp truck! Yep, someone converted it to use the premium 4 bulb headlight system. I did the same thing to mine :) except I wired up my own relays.

Glad I could help!

·
Registered
439 Posts
How did you wire your relays? When wiring mine up I found that Dodge actually switches the grounds to the different filaments in the bulb and leaves the hot wire unswitched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts