Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sharp truck! Yep, someone converted it to use the premium 4 bulb headlight system. I did the same thing to mine :) except I wired up my own relays.

Glad I could help!
I've done the same thing - bought used sport lights and installed them with my own relays direct of the batteries. I have a Curtis plow and everything worked well until I mounted the plow this year. When I switch from vehicle to plow lights, the high beam vehicle lights go on instead and the plow lights glow very dim. Figuring it must be a short but it's kind of confusing that low and high go on. I've tested the switch continuity and it is fine. With the plow off, everything works normally. Anyone have a clue on where I can start?
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's a good link Another Headlight Mod Question - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums
Also, I remember getting some info directly from Daniel Stern lighting. The headlight switch does switch the ground, but doesn't really impact the hot side going to the headlights - just plug the switched ground lines into the relay gnd pin.

Everything worked great, just as I hoped except for a glitch because of the plow wiring. Because of the way the plow was wired, if I had the fog lights on and clicked on the high beams, all 4 filaments of the 9004 and 9007 combos would light up. Blew (literally) a couple of bulbs that way. Both filaments of the bulbs should not be on at the same time - won't last very long. Never did follow up on that, but I suspect it has to do with the plow signal lights being wired to the headlight circuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts