Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 is leaking anitfreeze from the front. Looks like its coming from the headgasket above the waterpump and underneath the alternator bracket.

Who is a great diesel shop in or around northern Indiana that can replace this asap ?

Any diesel shops that sponsor here ?

· Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Depending on how far north, Haisley Machine. I would also consider looking for a Cummins Service center.

· Registered
930 Posts
First thing you want to do is, wash it, then with a mirror, and a long air nozzle, look to see if it could be just the thermostat seal. Also look at the back of the head for leaks in that location. If you plan to get someone else to do it, do not make the mistake of telling them what the leak is, tell them the area it is in. If you do and after they do that and it still leaks they repair the original leak, and you pay.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Depending on how far north, Haisley Machine. I would also consider looking for a Cummins Service center.
I am about 25 miles from the Michigan border. I heard there is a Cummins serv center near FT wayne. You know the name of it ?

AND JP, I am washing her down now and will check and see to make sure. It looks to be really weaping from beneath the alt bracket and not the thermostat housing . If it is the housing leaking, thats something I can do myself and save time and money. :$: :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.