Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a leak on my headgasket in the rear of the truck, it pisses out alittle when cold. does anyone know how much it should cost to get the head gasket replaced? thanks

1995 Dodge ram 2500 12v diesel

· Registered
209 Posts
If you do it yourself the head gasket costs $160 for a cummins stock head gasket form the dealer, if you go to a auto-store and get a fel-pro they are $100. If you take it somewhere they will charge you 5 to 8 hours labor i think(i frogot how long but you can ask them), usually 50-60 dollars an hour for labor.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
Lets just say it wont be cheap at all unless you do it yourself!

Depending where you take it, your likely looking at being just shy of $1k by the time you add up the labour, gaskets, shop supplies and whatever else they try to charge you for.

Its not a hard procedure, just very time consuming, definately something that can be done in the back yard over the weeked with a few cases of barley pops. Good time to also do the KDP if it hasnt been done yet!

· Registered
528 Posts
Prices

Anywhere from 850.00 to 2500 My guy in weed Ca does them for 850 and another in San Diego Ca for 1500:flag1::flag::flag::flag::usa:

· Premium Member
322 Posts
Damn I love my diesel guy.
300 to R&R head plus parts.
Anything else is extra. As in checking for cracks etc.

KO

· Registered
33 Posts
I hate to admit this but I've had good luck with RTV and JB weld. Do a good degreasing first... It's worked for me on cars and motorcycles, coolant and oil passageways.

I used to be on a soy sauce and rice budget, don't think less of me.

· Registered
61 Posts
I paid $1,450 to get mine done. It included the head resurfacing, and valve grinding plus parts (maybe a seal, I dont know).

· Registered
528 Posts
Head Gasket

Hi Say what is the name of the company that did the work, address and telephone number, might need mine done soon. Thanks John:thumbsup::flag1::flag::usa:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.