Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Headache Stacks ?

1563 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  areilius
Has any body made or seen a headache rack with a set of stacks incorporated? as I think this would be cool and discrete .Let me know if I am crazy.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,185 Posts
sounds awesome to me also, but the rack would have to be upsized to bigger tubing to match a 5" straight pipe or bigger.

· Registered
286 Posts
idk when i built my buddies i made heat sheilds attached to his stainless headachrack and it all slipped over his 5in miter cuts

· Registered
317 Posts
lol, I thought I was the only one that had that idea. I helped a guy in the area build one for his ferd. Used 5 inch stacks, put webbing between the pipes, used a piece of 4x4 square tube for the bottom cross, tink-tink caps on top....looks ok I suppose...If I were to build one for my own truck I would do it a little different. I think it looks a little out of porportion, but I haven't had any good ideas on how to do it yet.

I think it's an awesome idea though!

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Do some 5's that split into 4 3's down low and put some crossmembers in to look like a rack. I just think a rack made of 5" tubing might look weird. 3" would look right though. Although 4 stacks might look weird too.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmmmm

Why do we need to go 5" stacks when they are twined? could we go 2x 4" hidden within a sculpted side tubes with the 4" stacks running inside so the rack is the heat shield ?I have the picture in my head and maybe I will try to put it on paper or I photo cause If and WHEN I pull this off If they come out looking as cool as they are in my head you will all want them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.