Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to build one. im looking for some ideas so post up . some just dont look good and other styles do

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't waste your time building one.Buy a "Back Rack" !! Thet are about $240.00 shipped online,no drill mount,powder coated,and are very secure and sturdy.They also have a good selection on mounting accessories for lights,etc.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Here is my custom made one. It has LED clearance lights, Sho-Me LED light bar, and rear-facing work lights. It is coated with Vortec professionally applied bedliner material. The 4 silver tabs are antenna tabs. Antenna are waiting to be installed (CB, Scanner, HAM, etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
i built my headache rack out of 2x4 and 2x2 alum tubing .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't waste your time building one.Buy a "Back Rack" !! Thet are about $240.00 shipped online,no drill mount,powder coated,and are very secure and sturdy.They also have a good selection on mounting accessories for lights,etc.
i can build one of much better quality and strenght for 240.00. i had a backrack on my last truck it was okay but not heavy duty

thats nice chuck i like the tonneu combo. :thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I'm like you brn krnz, I can build one for next to nothing, and it'd be way stronger than a boughten one. I've been wanting to build one for awhile now also. Just waiting for some good ideas to incorporate into it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here is mine...built with a couple of buddies in a short day...

I also put some angle facing in and made my own deck...its a little tall...but you can get a 4 wheeler up there and still have space underneath for gear...it is inch and a quarter tongue and groove plywood.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's Mine that I designed. Had it coated in Line-X and UV protected

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
Here is mine...built with a couple of buddies in a short day...

I also put some angle facing in and made my own deck...its a little tall...but you can get a 4 wheeler up there and still have space underneath for gear...it is inch and a quarter tongue and groove plywood.
Don't mean to hijack but where did you get that cargo light lens cover???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
u guys have some nice racks:rof
keep em cummin:lol3:

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
im in the process of building one right now at school. how much did it cost for you guy to have them coated with bedliner? has it been real durable for you?

·
Banned
275 Posts
there's this local guy here in Phoenix that makes some nice one...Im not the "rack" kind of guy..they aren't my cup of tea, but the Ranch hand is a nice one and this local guy called Rowdyracks.com makes some nice ones too...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep It's me and Mokie. DunesRunner08 could be Bill from IronBull?

·
Registered
130 Posts
im in the process of building one right now at school. how much did it cost for you guy to have them coated with bedliner? has it been real durable for you?
Just a tad over 400.00 but I had it UV protected because I don't like that fade look. We shall see...
Dunes has a nice coating for his bumpers maybe he will share the secret :w:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts