Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the going rate for headstud install. I did the deletes and efi and I have been babying this thing scared to blow the HG. I wanted to get the arp 425's installed before I give this truck a little bit of abuse.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did 625's and it cost 2200cnd. Was a 7hr job. Shop rate was 125/hr.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've been on the fence about doing the head studs too. The 425's are around $500. I have a concern about the HG too, and I have even contemplated going to a new non-VGT Turbo, but I think I don't need it since I only run 400RWHP and I am not going any further. I beleive Phil (ANARCHY) and Dave (DRACONIAN) recommend the headstuds, from what I have seen here on the Forum, so I guess I will, but I will do my own wrenching. It is tedious, so I am still on the fence....(for now) My $.02

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recommend a Vulcan headgasket from Lazersmith to go along with those studs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If my head gasket is fine does it still need to be replaced. I was thinking of getting studs to prevent a head gasket failure.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whew. Ok that makes me feel better. I couldn't imagine telling the wife on top of buying a $32k used truck buying a $6k plow $1k for deletes then saying I need more $$ for a headgasket on top. This truck is getting pretty expensive just for a daily driver. Gotta say I love getting 19 mpg out of this almost 9000 pound truck. Help my wife's Lincoln mkx gets 18.5 mpg and it's a tiny SUV.

·
Registered
34 Posts
not a hard job to do at all, the glacier instructions walks you right through it, just make sure you have a buddy around to help with the torque sequence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts