Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of installing head studs this morning and my tap that i have is not long enough to reach down in to the hole with the head on. where can i get on from snapon guy will be at the shop tomarrow, but i want to get my studs in and twins on the i just recived friday anyway the truck is down. and i dont want to go to the trouble of putting the overhead back on. any onw know where i can get a tap local need a store name

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am in the middle of installing head studs this morning and my tap that i have is not long enough to reach down in to the hole with the head on. where can i get on from snapon guy will be at the shop tomarrow, but i want to get my studs in and twins on the i just recived friday anyway the truck is down. and i dont want to go to the trouble of putting the overhead back on. any onw know where i can get a tap local need a store name
local parts stores sell them or if theres a sears in the area they carry craftsman good luck with the studs

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
If you have a machine shop tool sales store around you, that will be your best bet. The tap needs to be 6'' long.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts