Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
Yes you can its a pain on the 6th cylinder. you will also need to grind some of the riser off in the back, one of the stud bolts hits it.

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
I also had to grind clearance on the rocker housing once the studs were installed. Not a big deal, just enough to clear the rear stud.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
i didnt have to grind but i think the cause of this is that the stud wasnt put all the way in before putting on the bolt

· Premium Member
890 Posts
I also had to grind some off the rocker housing in the rear for clearance for one of the bolts.. Wasn't too bad of a job it just took some patients :lol4:

· Premium Member
890 Posts
So there is enough room to slide them down through the head. So u can pull one bolt at a time then install a stud
Yup i had enough room to get the bottom tap and the head studs in without removing the head..:thumbsup:

· Registered
925 Posts
Do you need to chase the block threads before installing the new head studs? Does the head stud kit come with a chaser? May do head studs end of this year...

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Do you need to chase the block threads before installing the new head studs? Does the head stud kit come with a chaser? May do head studs end of this year...
Some chase the threads (I do) some do not. And nope, the tap is not included in the kit.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
I have the long tap if you need to use it. pm me your address adn I will send it to you. I just ask to return it when finished and give me a few bucks to cover shipping. Rob

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this a is a little off subject but i am running 42 pounds of boost out of my stock turbo and my egt are around 1350 1370 at there peak when running light to light at what point is the stock turbo going to just be blowing hot air or have i passed that point already. My buddy has the same year with less miles and same tuner and cant get but 33 34 pounds what is the deal with mine. (maybe its like an engine runs the best right before it dies huh !!!!!!!)

· Registered
925 Posts
I have the long tap if you need to use it. pm me your address adn I will send it to you. I just ask to return it when finished and give me a few bucks to cover shipping. Rob
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that... But not till the end of the year... :yourock:

· Registered
202 Posts
The tap needs to be 6" long, trade name is called a pulley tap. M12x1.75x6

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.