Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

head rebuilt wrong

606 2
Had a valve job done and they screwed it up to make a long story short. I know of one valve being deeper than the rest, cut 40 to 50 thousands deeper than the rest, can anyone tell me what effect this is going to have on my engine and the life of the engine? 2006 3500 stock with over 313000.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
418 Posts
the shop should have just put a new seat in it. that thing is buried. the only reason to go down that for it to take out pitting in the seat.
your pushrod length will differ from the rest and the compression will be lower for that cylinder. the company should have matched the valve job and just surface the head.
i have never seen the rocker arms yet (still in the mix of a newbie, but am a cylinder head machinest for 5 yrs now). i don't know if both exhaust are on 1 rocker bridge or not. if bridge is, hopefully the machine shop at least matched the 1 cylinder.

· Registered
218 Posts
they did the job, they screwed up, they get to correct it, and get you the proper head
that valve will wear out fast then the rest of em

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.