Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are blacked out head lights and tail lights legal???:confused013:

· Registered
1,670 Posts
ehh it more depends on the area one of those things that nobody enforces here in houston me n my buddy got pulled over in his colorado for not completely stopping and the cop threatened to write him for having his heads tails smoked but didnt so its one of those things but i think youd be safe

· to destroy and pillage
622 Posts
son of a b!tch! Thats out then.....i cant get a ticket and my mom would take my truck if i did anything illegal (that she knows of..:w:) man that sucks i got third gen lights to smoke and put on my truck!

· Registered
1,670 Posts
lol yup technically its illegal and it doesnt matter if there DOT the cop said "its illegal bc it makes it harder for motorists to see your lights" so it just depends if you get the d*ck cop or not but i know what you mean on not getting a ticket i just went to court for a dui and they cut me a break and gave me deferred judification so i cant get a ticket of any sort for 6 months!!!

· Banned
2,487 Posts
son of a b!tch! Thats out then.....i cant get a ticket and my mom would take my truck if i did anything illegal (that she knows of..:w:) man that sucks i got third gen lights to smoke and put on my truck!
You have 2 options here
1. you can lightly coat your tail lights with the nite shade so it just turns them a darker red.
2. you can black them out and buy a line of fire and install that, they leave my buddy alone now with his.

· Premium Member
848 Posts
I think you have to still be able to tell they are red. I don't know about headlights. I got HID's so they would be brighter.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
its probably the lights not being reflective once you smoke them. thats what i think the cops would give you crap about.

· Registered
173 Posts
its probably the lights not being reflective once you smoke them. thats what i think the cops would give you crap about.
I think i wood have to get smart a55ed with a cop if he told me that.....

If they cant see my truck because my taillights or headlights lenses are black they
dont need to be flockin driving up n down the road anyway...

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts
you can smoke the clearance lights, thats not a big deal, the headlight lense is different, and with the nite shades my tails are still reflective its a translucent paint. the guys who use krylon are using a non translucent paint, that might cause problems

· Registered
1,670 Posts
lol those are from ebay some online stores sell em but the best deals are on ebay

· Registered
2,503 Posts
i don't think cops can say anything about clearance lights because they are like the marker lights on a dually not every vehicle has them and doesn't need them so how can cops say aomething about something that is not needed? maybe its just me

· Registered
728 Posts
i don't think cops can say anything about clearance lights because they are like the marker lights on a dually not every vehicle has them and doesn't need them so how can cops say aomething about something that is not needed? maybe its just me
No if they wanted they could give you tickets for you cab lights being to dark where you couldnt see them and even your fender lights on a dually. Its DOT laws that they dont inforce but could if they wanted to.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.