·
Registered
807 Posts
fire ringing is not for DD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yea i kno of people that do use the fire ring as day driven but i also kno of people with orings so iv been kinda lost on what todo

·
Registered
670 Posts
Crazeeee

Try to get a definitive answer on that question!!:confused013::stirpot::shock:

Firerings hold more PSI, best for competition only.

O-rings take more heat cycles, best for a daily driver.

I have searched this quite a bit and seems some have firering heads on there street trucks and say if you do many retorques on your head that you will be ok.

Others say that firerings with start to break up on a daily driver because of they do not take to multiple heat cycles as well.

Yea some run firerings on there street trucks most don't.

After much research I past up on a great deal for a fireringed head and bought an o-ringed head for my truck, at a great price.

Seems the best way to go for a daily driver.:thumbsup:

Circular Argument!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
well played sir. but the argument can also be made that just the stock gasket and studs is good for 60ish psi. best thing you could do is make sure the block and head are as flat as possible and put studs.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Most people agree that Fire rings aren't for DD's, but a lot of people with fire rings say they're fine if you install them correctly. I just bought a head off of a member on here that's been fire ringed and he said he daily drove it for 20k miles with out any issues. I'll also be DD'ing it when I get it installed. My truck isn't a competition rig and I'll probably only see around 60-65 psi in the future anyways, but I got it for a pretty good price on it so I went for it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What is on the truck now trying to hold the 100lbs of boost on the gasket?

·
Registered
371 Posts
A VP44 making 100lbs? What size injectors? Single, twins, triples, or now we can include quads.

·
Registered
807 Posts
:rof:hehe:bwaaaahhhh axell08 OH SNAP!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts