Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad drives an 05, and he bought a he351ve cheap (as a spare), instead of the he351cw. He was buying a diff from the guy, and he told my dad it was for his truck, and he was to dumb to know otherwise. Before he sells it i was just wondering what kind of controller, and wiring setup i'd need to put this in my 02, And maybe some rough pricing ideas. Also, anyone who's done this succesfully, what kind of boost pressures are you getting now?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Fleece Performance makes a controller. You can get it on your truck and running for probably a $1000 or less if your mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
591 Posts
the fleece controller is about $500-$600 i just used springs for now and the drive pressure moves the vanes, works great and cost me about 2 hours and 2 dollars! also the flange can be machined to match the t3 flange on your manifold i did it by drilling and taping the original holes and put a plug in, then machined it flat, put the t3 flange on centered and marked the holes, drilled and tapped them for studs and bolts. the bottom bolt closest to the firewall needs a little work , you take the manifold and grind it off to allow for a nut to go on, the top 2 and the bottom closest to the firewall will take studs on the turbo and the bottom towards the radiator takes a stud on the manifold, it takes a little massaging on the turbo housing to allow for the nuts. it sounds like a lot of work but if you are mechanicly inclined it took me about 2 hours for all the work and the turbo was on! very easy, the exhaust outlet is quite different though, several options there.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
yea fleece is the only electronic controller that works with the OEM VGT electronics, outside of that its using springs or waste gates etc, or if your technically inclined you can build your own controller removing the OEM electronics in the process, but only a handful of people have been successful at that. i'm planning on doing it myself but thats a project down the road.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, but i'm only seeing the controller knobs mounted on Standards right on the stick. Anyone have a good controller setup in their auto?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts