Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Dodge 4wd diesel with an 8 1/2 ft. plow, rancho 9000xl shocks and would like to add a set of 5000lb HD coils springs to reduce the dip in the front end and to level the ride out, anyone have any thoughts on this good or bad.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
You can get the same effect of a taller spring that has less the amount of overall pound rating. I would not advice any one on a set of 5000lb unless I knew what the over all length of the coil is. If it's under 11" free height it would be a super stiff spring.

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
I have alot of customer who run Carli coils on their plow trucks. They support the weight very well yet still ride great when the plow is off.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
You can get the same effect of a taller spring that has less the amount of overall pound rating. I would not advice any one on a set of 5000lb unless I knew what the over all length of the coil is. If it's under 11" free height it would be a super stiff spring.
Agree 100%. You can get a quality coil that will ride great and not have a high rate, but still be designed to handle the weight and stresses of a diesel w/ a plow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts