Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've Owned My Truck For 6 Years And In The Last Year I Have Had Hard Start Issues And Grey Smoke When Fired Up Specially When Cold. If The Truck Is Plugged In It Starts Just Fine Still Smokes A Bit But Starts In 1 Or 2 Seconds Of Cranking. If Not Pluged In I Have To Give It Gas To Go And Will Crank For A While And Im Talking Like Temputures Only At 0 Degees. I Have Replaced The Intake Heater The Temp Sender.batteries Cables,and The Lift Pump. The Truck Is Stock Other Then 4" Exquast And A Boost Elbow.any Help Would Be Great.was Wondering If Bad Injectors Would Cause Part Of The Problem Like The Excsive Smoke On Start Up.the Truck Has 320,000 Km On It And From What I Know Has Never Had Any Major Work Done To It.thanks

·
AlGores worst nightmare
2,010 Posts

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
You replaced the grid heat (by the sounds if it), but are BOTH relays working?

Even with just 1 relay working on the grid heater mine wouldnt start for anything if it wasnt plugged in. but after replacing them it fires up below -40c without being plugged in!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Diito Racer9

Might need to check and see if timing has slipped also. Also check the fuel shut off just behind the pump to make sure it goes all the way up when trying to crank. Check the boot for cracks and possible rust inside on the shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts