Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
snow and ice is horrible. especially when dealing with power outages on a hog farm! :S:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I cant believe I havent lost power yet I live in the boonies it always goes out when it rains...My roads in horrible shape but thats part of Indianas rural living I guess

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in a woods, so no power at my house! down at the main farm we lost power for a few hours, but we have generators set up to keep the ventilation systems running. a couple of the other farms have intermittent power outages so we just have to keep checking on them. im ready for march/april!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see you're from freedom, i have some family in the area, does the name Steve fox ring a bell? he is a engineer for allison tranmission, but he has a couple farms in that area..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm workin in Martinsville and it wasn't as bad as it was suppose to be, still a tricky ride in to work though

·
Not like the others......
5,116 Posts
My brother had to stay the night at the hog farm that he works at in case the power went out.
We didn't get it to awful bad in Kokomo...maybe 3-4" of snow and and maybe a couple inches of sleet and a trace of ice on top of that.
Made it a b!tch to do snow removal but was still able to make about $150 today with the 445 JD w/snowblower on it....bought me a nice steak supper tonite with that $$. :party018:

·
THE OX
821 Posts
Spent an hour today cleaning off the widows from the ice

·
Registered
425 Posts
i see you're from freedom, i have some family in the area, does the name Steve fox ring a bell? he is a engineer for allison tranmission, but he has a couple farms in that area..
Dont know the guy wouldnt be suprised if Ive ran into him and just dont remember though not a huge town Ive lived here most of my life

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
10,680 Posts
plenty of snow and drifting by us... luckily the county truck let me out. i wasn't getting through this drift on my own. but i did have to carve out a drift just like it about a foot at a time :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
I went down the Indy on Tuesday for Officer Moore's funeral. I-65 was fine driving South bound.....but after leaving Conseco Field House, everything was covered in ice!!!

EVERYTHING!!

Took us over 4 1/2 hours to get home, we had to stop four times on I-65 for serious accidents......35 MPH in a Crown Vic the entire way home :(

I was able to use my truck at work for the past two days, and pulled out dozens of poeple.....kind of funny when I got out of my truck in uniform, people said "Wow, that is a nice company car".

I was very pleased on how the truck handled in the very, very deep snow. Especially pulling cars out of snow drifts, where they were covered in 4 feet of snow, very impressive!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
making the trek from lima ohio to good ol knightstown tonight, should be smooth sailing, but i hear in wayne county indiana they are still under a level 2 emergency. oh well, i'll just drive slow and in 4x4 :party018:

·
Registered
586 Posts
not to bad driving here in anderson the roads are ruff from the ice and u just cant drive real fast but im in no hurry so it wasnt bad at all but, we got more sleet then anything and then the touch of freezing rain made everything get really slick. I havnt fell yet but im not saying it wont happen:hehe: i did decide that i will be getting new shocks really soon, right front is rattling pretty good :doh: but all is well only lost power for about 2 hours. i do hope all is well for everyone else though, and BE SAFE :thumbsup: D45 what part of indiana are you in?

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
NW Indiana..........LAKE COUNTY!!!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Talked to Terre Haute OReilly yesterday and they sold 245 Generators in two days! Holy smolley!:shock:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats a whole lot of home generated power :shock: we're currently getting about 3-5 more inches of snow here in eastern indiana, enough to keep things interesting!

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Havent been out on the roads today. But they are doing a dang good job of keeping them clean! Although it took me 2 hours to go 35 miles to work....all in the wrong lane....its pretty much all cleaned up. I think this snow is gonna help the roads though, might pull up some of the packed down snow on the roads that the plows cannot get. but we shall see....Heading up to Lowell tonight....

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
I65 is fine.....I was just on it

Nice and dry......

Going to DC Country Junction tonight???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts