Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...After a trip to denver with the Horse, came back, dropped the trailer and lost my parking lights COMPLETELY....

I pulled fuses first, the Parking light fuse under the hood was cooked, so was the 40amp Square fuse for the trailer group package, along with the one inside the cab...I didnt replace the square forty amp, but I did with the other ones...STILL no parking lights, and as it gets darker, the illumination for the instrument cluster is cooked too...BUT the fuse for that is fine...

Some help with what else to try would be SERIOUSLY appreciated...Kinda need lights to drive at night LOL

·
Registered
717 Posts
Did you smell any burnt wires. Try a test light on All of the fuses(both sides of the fuse, ive made that mistake). Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Replace the 40 amp fuse and try again. You may have cooked your light switch, some of them have a circuit breaker on them that can fail open if you have a dead short, and with all those fuses gone, I suspect that either your trailer light connector or the truck connector is grounded out.

Ops

1 - 3 of 3 Posts