Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookin through my parts catalouge, have any of you all ever used this filter i figure it will pay for itself every 35k miles depending on how often you change your oil.

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
I'd be concerned because it only filters to 35 microns. I use the Amsoil EA filter and it filters down to 15 microns. That's better peace of mind for me.

The only logical reason to use it would be if you put a bypass filter system after it to make sure you filter the oil as complete as possible.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Exactly- 35 Microns are some big particles- get chuck to get you an AMSOIL Bypass and Full Flow then you'll be good to 2 microns.

It does look cool, but who's looking at your oil filter?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'd be concerned because it only filters to 35 microns. I use the Amsoil EA filter and it filters down to 15 microns. That's better peace of mind for me.

The only logical reason to use it would be if you put a bypass filter system after it to make sure you filter the oil as complete as possible.
"Tests show that Trufilter is 95% more efficient in capturing 35 micron and smaller particles."

That's the only reference to 35 microns I could see ... I couldn't see where it stated its actual micron rating?

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
That quote says they are 95% more efficient in capturing 35 micron and smaller particles. So you have know idea how small it'll actually filter to.

The Amsoil full flow filters are 98.7% efficient at 15 microns and the bypass filters are 98.7% efficient at 2 microns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts