Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about this...I see alot of trucks at my job that have lifts. I work in the Pipeline Industry, and its mainly Welders trucks. I was passing a thought on lifting my truck, about 4" or so. But I pull alot, I have a 36' 5th wheel and I pull a gooseneck with a Dozer. I have a 2.5: leveling kit on, and I have no problems pulling, as far a clearance goes. Just wondering if anyone has a small lift and pulls...Let me know how it works for you...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
4" superlift with 35" toyo m/t (e rated) would work fine for towing..i know theres some run running a 6" superlfit and 37" toyo m/ts that still tows a gooseneck

·
Registered
132 Posts
7" lift with 35''s gooseneck

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Problem is that you'll get high enough that the axle walkers on the trailer will be out of travel and it'll start making it ride on the rear axle alot more than the front. Lots of guys do it, you just have to be carefull. It'd be best if you could lift the trailer also. Then everything would be even. I've got 2" and 35's on mine, and my walders are getting just about out of travel already. I'd lower the front of my GN, but I only have about 6" of bed clearance now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts