Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11 May family and friends went ATV riding at The Hatfield McCoy Trails in Southern WV. This was the heavyest load I've pulled so far with the Dodge. I was hooked up to a Hudson deckover equipment trailer with a beaver tail that I borrowd from a buddy. This trailer weighs 3800 lbs. I had 3 ATV's on the trailer for the trip there. From South Central PA to Gilbert WV is about 365 miles, my route was I 81 South to I 64 West into Beckley WV, than all secondary roads to Gilbert. My son Rob was pulling my 2 place snowmobile trailer with 2 4X4 ATV's and a motocross dirt bike in the bed of his 06 F350 Power Stroke. We met up with another brother of mine in Gilbert WV that lives in Kentucky, he had a 5 hour trip, it took us 7.5 hours. My Dodge pulled very well, the last long climb on I 64 before reaching Beckley is a 7% grade. I had the cruise set at 70, the Dodge didn't miss a beat. I never came out of 6th gear, the Pyrometer (EGT) never went over 1050 degrees. The coolant never went above 198 degrees. The Dodge did 13.5 MPG, I could have made it all the way into Gilbert, but my son Rob needed fuel when we reached Beckley, his fuel tank is a little smaller than mine. I believe I hold 35 gallons. Once we got there I had all 6 ATV's on the deckover to trailer them to the different trailheads, the Dodge pulled very well. The other trailheads were no more then 40 miles away in one directon. We had a great time, no one got hurt. One of my brothers did get a flat, he rubbed a rock with the LF wheel and it almost pulled the valve stem completely out of that wheel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:Yes those trails are great trails to ride. I've been going since 2001, it's too bad they're so far away. It takes me 7 hours to get there, down I 81 S to I 64 W into Beckley. In Beckley I take Rt. 16 to 97 to 52 into the Town of Gilbert. This trip was the first time I've taken the Dodge. It pulled very well, and got good fuel mileage for what I was pulling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.