Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their truck down US 41 Dragway in Morrocco, In.? Do they have any Diesel trucks running there? And when? thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I havent yet but a buddy of mine races his car there and he has been wanting me to come up and drag my truck. so I assume they will run diesels

·
Registered
17 Posts
It has been a few years since I have been out there, but they used to have street racing on Friday nights. You could run whatever you want, if you wanted to be spotted out a few car lengths you could. Judging by some of the junk I've seen run down that track I cant see why they wouldn't let us run Diesels. Hell, I've seen them run snow mobiles and four wheelers out there.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
a guy i know went over with some of his buddies, they all had ricers and gay stuff like that

·
Registered
648 Posts
Im The One Nospark Is Talking About And Yes You Can Run Diesels There. Go For A Street Car Chaos. And Bring Some $$$$$$ If You Want To Really Have Some Fun. Hell Ill Race Ya For Some. Its Just An Old Junk Station Wagon.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Shane we need to take the duallys up there.I bet you can take me but it would be fun.

·
Registered
648 Posts
whatever man we would possibly a good race. you would prolly win. my trucks a terd anyway. lol. let me know when you want to go ill tow the carwith me and race both. as long as yo uwill tow th car home if i break the truck. lol

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Im The One Nospark Is Talking About And Yes You Can Run Diesels There. Go For A Street Car Chaos. And Bring Some $$$$$$ If You Want To Really Have Some Fun. Hell Ill Race Ya For Some. Its Just An Old Junk Station Wagon.
haha shane I was waiting for you to see this thread

·
Registered
648 Posts
All Year Long. As Long As It Is Not Snowing Or Raining. I Have Drove Through Snow To Get There And Raced That Day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
whatever man we would possibly a good race. you would prolly win. my trucks a terd anyway. lol. let me know when you want to go ill tow the carwith me and race both. as long as yo uwill tow th car home if i break the truck. lol

I can handle that. We would be a good race.

·
Cummins Crazy
2,315 Posts
DoubleXL,

Why don't you put together a series of events for us to show up at?
You can pattern it after the Hucksdorf event that I go to at Great Lakes Dragway once a month.
No prizes, just for fun ------
Or you could do a challenge to the guys who live in Illinois???????
WAYNES WORLD

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is very tough to do. I work second shift in Champaign/Urbana. I have had some success getting some guys to race in Charleston on friday nights. It is family night there almost every friday night. I did get 10 smokers there in one night, but have yet to get the commitment for an all diesel race. On friday night, Ten bucks a head for the gate and can race with a passenger al night long. I personally made 32 passes in one night and had to stop because I ran out of fuel. They let you run grudge matches and will pair up vehicles for runs. Us 41 is now an outlaw track, Charleston is still NHRA but only 1/8 mile. I have to schedule a night off to go so my time is limited. I am game for playing at Charleston if anybody want to. I am taking my truck to T/S perf the 9th without ever having run it on the 1/4 mile. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Whats Your Name Double. I Grew Up In This Area And Work At Worden Martin As A Tech There. Live In Ivesdale. We Should All Get Together Sometime. I Race Down In Chucktown Allot With My Car Though. I Cant Run It On Friday Nights Though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Aaron let me know when you go back down to charelston I want to take my trucks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
i 2nd that. ill bring the car with the truck. lol

·
Registered
648 Posts
he y then you can pull my car home ........................lol and then come back for the truck

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The last two times I went down the guy at the gate laughed his off at me for takeing down an empty trailer. Just like all the other times i had to haul back broken iron from the track. I will be waiting on some warmer weather myself. I like taking my wife and she tollerates it and takes pictures as long as she is not cold.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts