Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking for some advice. I have a 06 Dodge 3500, 5.9 ,with 230,000kms. Lately after the pigtail goes away when stating first thing in the morning, the engine turns over and takes 10-15 sec to fire up,then runs a little rough,then smooths out. It starts fine when warm. Thoughts on what the problem is , heater rail or a sensor or injectors? Also noticed that in the summer when it was warm out the pigtail still came on, but it would start even if I didn't wait for it to go out.
Secondly does anybody have any thoughts on correcting the sloppy or loose feeling steering? I see that Sinister Deisel has a kit to beef up the steering box, has anybody had any suggestions on this? I have had the recal steering part put in in the fall and an alignment done. The truck still wanders slightly and requires constant minor corrections. The dealer said everything else was good with the front end.Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I guess one should take out the injectors and clean them once in a while.!
Not on your '06 common rail you don't! :spank:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks. It was an injector problem.They did get pulled out and sent away to be tested. I will have to replace 1 or 2 of them. Now I need to find who carries Bosch remanufactured injectors at a good price...any suggestions...thznks

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If you're determined on going remans you can still look to a reputable company like Exergy to get you some quality Bosch remans.

Reactions: Altius

·
Devil Dog Diesel
2,759 Posts
Altius

There are a whole bunch of threads here on this issue since they all get thrown up there during each winter from people having same issues as yours. Do a SEARCH using some of the key words and you should be able to find ALOT more activity and posts which can assist you more. The Search function here isn't perfect , but is a lot better than most other forums out there man! Try that and you should find good stuff!

Reactions: Altius

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huge learning curve

Well I took the truck to a specialty diesel repair shop. I have 2 injectors that failed and 3 that barely passed. The technician recommended the Bosch remanufactured ones, only since the new price was $1000. :shock:I have been doing a lot of research and find that Bosch remains are the way to go especially for $475 each. Why are we so hosed in Canada.
Next stop Washington or Oregon, much better pricing, now our dollar has to come!
Cheers all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts