Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i put a set of bd pulse 125hp injectors and aux lift pump in my truck a couple weeks ago, and ever since than my truck is very hard to start. I asked the guy that installed it why it was like that and he said it was normal when you put big injectors in. But other people say its not normal.In the morning i have to crank it over 2-3 times holdin it for about 5 sec. but when its running and i shut the truck off for 10 min it starts right up but wen i let it sit for like an hour or so i have to hold the starter for like 5 sec. and than it will start. Also in the morning when it finally starts a light cloud of white smoke puffs out and after that its all black smoke when i get on it. PLEASE HELP very confused thanks

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
There are a few thing to affect cold starting...

* Grid heaters
* Lost prime in the fuel system
* Too much fuel pressure at start up.

I would start with check for error code and getting some clues...
OBD II Error Codes

Then do a fuel pump diagnostic... MIN PRESSURE 10 PSI!!!
Lift Pump Diagnostics
(Check for air in the fuel and look for leaks...)

·
Registered
29 Posts
CHECK FOR FUEL LEAKS!!!....sound like air problems

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wen i go to start it i have 16psi for fuel pressure and my engine light isnt on

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have You Got A Fass Pump Or Some Kind Of Aftermarket Fuel System In?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
29 Posts
your fuel pressure will still be normal you will just have air seeping in somewhere and causing your system to lose its prime. I would check all of you hard line connections from him replacing the injectors...I personally have tightned injector lines that didn't seat quite right and after a little driving they loosen up...make sure they are all tight and look for fuel glistening on any of the lines from tank to pump

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i will look for it thanks...what if there is no fuel leaking

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just checked my truck and i dont see anything leakin and i made sure my injectors were tight. I prime the fuel system (by bumping the starter and waiting for the fuel pump to turn off) and it still made no differance. Do you think the seal on the injector could have got ripped or smushed????? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts