Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked the truck up about a month ago, my first cummins, everything works great but it dosnt seem to start all that well. 70 out today and you can crank for as long as you want and no start, hold the peddle half way down and it spits and sputters for a few seconds then runs fine. Shut off solenoid opens all the way. Is this normal? I had a 99 powerstroke and it poped right off at 20below not plugged in. I have all summer to ding before winter.:(

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds kinda like a pump. Idk.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Have you changed your fuel filter recently? If so maybe it is not pumped up, or it lost its prime. There is a priming button on hte block to the left of the brake booster. give it a few pumps nad see what happends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mines a 96, if I don't change the filter every other oil change it runs like crap. Also there could be air in your fuel system. Bleed it.

Edit: just read your entire post, check your throttle linkage, it could be loose or the lever could be gummed up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pumped the hand primer till i got pressure and tried it still no better, ill try a new filter and see what happens. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts