Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here lately the truck has been geting hard to start, meaning it acts like it losing fuel pressure, my question is will a hole in the filler neck(leaks a lil when im fill the truck up full) cause it to lose pressure or not.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
No, it won't.

·
Banned
300 Posts
so here lately the truck has been geting hard to start, meaning it acts like it losing fuel pressure, my question is will a hole in the filler neck(leaks a lil when im fill the truck up full) cause it to lose pressure or not.
Two questions:
  1. How long have you had the '95 12 valve (assuming this is the truck you are having the problem with)?
  2. What part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its got 311k on it i had it for a couple years, and im in maryland

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much volts should a grid heater draw mine is drawing atlest 2-3 volts

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
My gauge usually reads 8 volts with the grids on.

Have you tried starting with a little throttle?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
grids take about 2-3 volts. mine do and they get up to 700 degress on the 2nd cycle.

and no the filler hose will not cause in lost of pressure. what i would do is probally replace your stock fuellines. the stock ones tend to leak with age. also try to give it half throttle when you start it.
i always pump mine once, but maybe twice or 3 times in very cold weather, but i dont plug it in.

here is something to read

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-engine/58777-joe-gs-fuel-system-writeup.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts